Privacy and Security Policy
- We collect business and personal information to allow access to our web-based services.
- We collect business and personal information including, but not limited to your company’s name, your name, shipping/billing address, email address, and phone number when you interact to source or purchase parts, technical support, registration and payment.
- We may collect and store sensitive information including, but not limited to account and purchase information on your behalf as part of the services we provide to you.
- We collect business and personal information which may be provided to the suppliers who deliver products to you.
- We collect business information about the equipment that is being serviced by your company.
- We collect information about your system as it interacts with us, such as your IP address and browser information.
- We use common Internet technologies, such as cookies and web beacons to manage our web sites and services, advertising and email programs.
- We collect user feedback, community discussions, chats and other interactions at our sites.
- We may obtain additional information about you, such as demographic information, from commercially available sources.
HealthTech requires you to register to use our web-based application and services. During the registration process we ask for your name, business address and phone number, email address and company name. We may also ask you to answer some optional questions about yourself, your business, and how you plan to use the product. We may obtain additional information about you, such as address change information, from commercially available sources, in order to keep our records current.
When establishing your business account, or sourcing and purchasing products on our site, we may also ask for company financial information, social security number, Federal Employer Identification Number, employee information and other information necessary to process the service application or fulfill the service. We may use this information to verify your identity and creditworthiness.
In the event that you access the Service as brought to you by one of our co-brand partners, through a co-branded URL, your email address used for registration on the Service may be provided to that co-brand partner.
You will be able to change or update information on the application prior to submitting. We may also use this information to assist you in filling out other applications for other services.
HealthTech may also transfer business and personal data to HealthTech-affiliated companies in other countries. These may be outside the European Economic Area and may not have adequate laws that protect the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data. Where this is done, HealthTech shall take necessary steps to adequately protect the information transferred. BY SUPPLYING BUSINESS AND PERSONAL DATA TO HEALTHTECH, YOU CONSENT TO ANY SUCH TRANSFER.
When using HealthTech mobile applications and services, we may collect personal information from you such as your phone number, mobile device type, and carrier. We use this information in order to set up and manage your account, as well as contact you about your services. If you use location-enabled products and services, you may be sending HealthTech location information. This information may or may not reveal your actual location. We use your information to process and personalize your requests. We also use the information for support, to develop new features, and to improve the overall quality of HealthTech’s products and services. We may also use the information to show you a history of your activity, to provide you with statistics about you or your use of our product or service, or to provide you with a better user experience. If you give us permission, we may also use your information to contact you about special offerings that may interest you. If you sign up for a mobile message service, you will have the opportunity to stop receiving mobile messages by following the instructions in the message.
Your mobile service provider may be required to monitor your messages for inappropriate content, and that provider may pass on that monitoring obligation to HealthTech. To fulfill these requirements, HealthTech may monitor your mobile messages for inappropriate content.
If you sign up for an HealthTech mobile messaging service through which you have the ability to send mobile messages to other individuals or businesses, you are required to follow all applicable laws, including unsolicited communication laws.
If you sign up for a third-party application or service, we may share information about your mobile device in order to provide the service you requested. Your carrier may have access to information we collect. We suggest that you review your carrier’s privacy statement and the privacy statements for any third-party applications or services you use.
- We do not sell or rent your business or personal information to anyone for promotional or marketing purposes.
- We do not share your business or personal information with anyone outside of HealthTech for their promotional or marketing use without your consent.
- We display detailed historic part pricing information derived from aggregating the purchases through our application that has been normalized and de-identified of specific buyer and seller information.
- We use your personal or financial information to provide you with information and services you request, to tell you about other products and services, and to give you a customized interactive experience as you use our application.
- We also use the information for technical support, to develop new features, and to improve the overall quality of HealthTech’s products and services.
- We use the information to show you a history of your activity, to provide you with statistics about you or your use of our product or service, or to provide you with a better user experience.
- We use the information to access third-party web-based applications to access your account so as to provide you with an integrated and fully automated user experience between the various applications.
- We summarize information about you, in a way that does not identify you personally, and combine it with other information to understand how our products are used, to deliver products and services, and to help us develop new products and services.
- We may use third-party service companies to help provide you products and services who are not allowed to use your information for their own purposes.
Certain areas and features of HealthTech are available to you without registration or the need to provide other identification information. However, other features of the Site or Service may require registration, which involves provision to HealthTech of an email address, a password, and your zip code. Additionally, should you elect to participate on our forum boards, it will be necessary to create a username (collectively the “Registration Information”).
From time to time we may request other personal information to provide you with other benefits of the Service. In all such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide, or to decline to provide, that information, which will be used only for its stated purpose. HealthTech may provide anonymous or aggregated information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who purchased a certain part or how many users clicked on a particular HealthTech offer;
- Organizations approved by HealthTech that conduct research into spending patterns; and
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their purchases relative to the broader community.
Such information does not identify you individually. Access to your Registration Information, Account Credentials, Account Information, and any other personal information you provide is strictly restricted and used will be used in accordance with specific internal procedures and safeguard governing access, in order to operate, develop or improve the Service. These individuals have been selected in accordance with our security policies and practices and are bound by confidentiality obligations. They may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We may also use third party vendors or service providers to help us provide the Service to you, such as sending email messages on our behalf or hosting and operating a particular feature or functionality of the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information, and prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
HealthTech and its subsidiaries may exchange information about your transactions to fulfill your requests. We may also provide you information about products or services we believe you may be interested in, unless you have asked us not to contact you. We offer you the opportunity to review privacy practices at our subsidiaries’ web sites.
Some of our web-enabled products and services may synchronize with the information on your computer or other web-based applications to help keep the data accurate and provide additional online services. In some cases, you can manage the frequency of these updates. If you no longer want to synchronize data, you can cancel the service through the settings administration pages.
We may access and set cookies using web beacons, also known as single-pixel GIFs, which are invisible graphical images. These web beacons provide useful information regarding our site, such as the pages visitors view. When we track activity on this or other HealthTech web sites, we collect information such as your IP address, browser type and version, and pages you view. We also keep track of how you get to our sites, and any links you click on to leave our sites. We do not track URLs that you type into your browser, nor do we track you across the Internet once you leave our sites. We use your web site activity to assist you by reducing the need to re-enter your data and to help us resolve technical support issues. We may also use this information to offer you a personalized web experience, and to tailor our offerings to you. Remember, you control whether you receive HealthTech promotional communications through email, phone, or postal mail.
When we send you emails, we may include a web beacon to determine how many people open our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we record this individual response to customize our offerings to you.
Networks that serve ads or other related content on other web sites may assign a different cookie to you. The information collected is anonymous and is not linked to your personal information. These cookies may be used to select which ads you see on web sites and determine the effectiveness of this advertising. You may choose to decline cookies from third-party ad servers, which HealthTech does not control.
To provide you with services that connect with your inventory control systems, we must access your online account. We request the user name, password, and any other login information that you have set up to enable access. We use your login credentials to routinely update and maintain the information provided within the application, to address errors or service interruptions, and to enhance the services we may provide in the future. If we store your login credentials, we will maintain and encrypt them on our firewall-protected servers. Some companies may require you to manually update your information and re-enter your login information before downloading each time. This information is encrypted and transmitted using secure socket layer technology, making it unreadable during transmission. It is then stored on our secure servers. We also periodically receive aggregated, anonymous, general usage information from companies or their processors, including which online services are used and the frequency of usage. This information helps us improve our services and assist us with troubleshooting and technical support.
Some products and services permit you to grant access and specify permissions for those you authorize to use the service. As a result, we store the personal information of those granted access. This information may include name, email address, username, password, and security challenge questions and answers.
HealthTech does not request, nor require, patient related information or data. Therefore, the products and services under this privacy statement are not “HIPAA-ready” or “HIPAA-compliant,” and will not assist with or ensure compliance with HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. You are solely responsible for using these products and services to comply with all applicable federal and state privacy laws relating to medical or health information.
HealthTech does not store any cardholder or payment information within the web application. We transmit and protect all cardholder information in compliance with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards and National Automated Clearing House (NACHA) regulations. All payments through the www.HealthTechConnect.com web site are processed through Authorize.net. and will include cardholder information, including account numbers, financial institutions, expiration dates, transaction amounts, and service codes, which may be stored and retained by Authorize.net.Authorize.net is a leading provider of payment gateway services, managing the submission of billions of transactions to the processing networks on behalf of merchant customers. Authorize.Net is a solution of CyberSource Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa (NYSE: V).
We provide discussion forums, blogs, and other community-oriented features that enable forum members to communicate with other members. To participate in the forum, you are required to register with a valid email address. We recommend that you exercise discretion in posting personal information on these message boards. Any information you provide is accessible by other users. We also have many places where users can provide feedback and suggestions. It is optional to provide your personal information. These submissions are not confidential or proprietary, and we may publish this information in a way that does not identify you personally
Some of our marketing emails have a “Refer-a-Friend” feature that provides you with the ability to automatically send information about HealthTech to your colleagues. Your colleague’s email address will only be used for the one-time distribution of the information and will not be used for any other purpose.
We offer various Internet messaging and chat services. We encrypt our Internet chat sessions and retain a transcript of the session to help us resolve your current and potential future questions.
HealthTech works to protect your business and personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards, coupled with carefully developed security procedures and practices. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and federal standards. We use both internal and external resources to review our security procedures. Your sensitive information, such as credit card information, is encrypted when it is transmitted to us. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information.
We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards such as firewalls, coupled with carefully developed security procedures. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law and federal standards. Whenever we ask for sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, we encrypt it as it is transmitted to us.
Users that you invite to access your web-based services will be required to set up a HealthTech user ID and password before they can access the information you post. Your web-based services are password protected and we recommend that you do not share your password with anyone. Remember to sign out of your web-based product and services, and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This prevents others from accessing your account if you share a computer or use a computer in a public place, such as a library or Internet café.
We train and require our employees to safeguard your information. We also use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards by restricting access to personal information to those employees and agents for business purposes only. Additionally, we use internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security procedures.
If you have a security related concern, please contact us at Security@HealthTechConnect.com. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
At HealthTech, safeguarding your personal information is a top priority. Part of our commitment is making you aware of popular identity theft and fraud scams, and providing you with information to protect yourself. Although sometimes difficult to identify, you may receive hoax emails, such as phishing scams, that look authentic and appear to have been sent by a company you recognize. These emails ask you to provide or confirm your sensitive personal information by clicking on links. To entice you, they often claim an urgent or threatening condition concerning your account, or offer you a prize. You should not reply or click on any links in the email or provide any personal information without verifying that the email is legitimate through another channel. HealthTech does not solicit sensitive customer information via email. If you receive an email message that appears to come from us that requests such information, please forward it immediately to: Security@HealthTechConnect.com. We will respond quickly to mitigate potential damage.
Your trust is a privilege and a responsibility that is our first priority, every day. Here are some of the technologies and practices we’ve put in place to protect your financial information:
- HealthTech always transmits personal and financial information securely. This prevents potential hackers from “tapping” a data conversation.
- Your login credentials are encrypted.
- We apply bank-level data security standards. This includes encryption, auditing, logging, backups, and safe-guarding data.
- We hack our own site. We run thousands of tests on our own software to ensure security. We scan our ports, test for SQL injection, and protect against cross-site scripting.
- HealthTech has received the VeriSign security seal.
- We subscribe to an anti-phishing service to discover and take-down malicious sites intended to fool our customers.
Your participation is important to our security efforts. The following are steps we suggest you take to protect your HealthTech account and other accounts online.
Protect your computer’s security
- Keep your computer and browser software current with security updates;
- Install and update anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and use personal firewalls to protect your computer;
- Be alert to the threats posed by malware (malicious software) which can damage or disrupt your system, or secretly record information such as keystrokes;
- Do not enable automatic login to your HealthTech account or pre-fill the Login ID or password fields;
- Change your password periodically, and avoid using passwords for HealthTech that you commonly use for other purposes; and
- For more information on how to protect your personal computer, including links to vendors providing anti-virus and anti-spyware software, you can visit the Federal Trade Commission’s computer security site. Microsoft Corporation provides additional information specific to the Windows operating system at microsoft.com/security. Users of Apple computers can find security information at apple.com/support/security.
Using your computer in a safe manner
- Do not share your Login ID and password with anyone;
- Check to make sure you are interacting with a secure web site, as above;
- Always log off after completing your activities on HealthTech; and
- Be careful about using third-party computers or computers that you are not familiar with, such as those in Internet cafés, and be careful to ensure you have fully logged out.
- Do not provide personal or financial information in response to an email request, or by clicking on a link, unless you are able to verify the authenticity of the site to which you are taken through the SSL padlock or other means;
- Do not enter personal information into a form within an email message or a pop-up; and
- Do not open an email if you do not recognize the sender, and be particularly cautious of any attachments to emails from unrecognized sources.
Take steps to safeguard your information to help protect yourself from identity theft. HealthTech takes steps to protect you from identity theft by:
- Utilizing user identification and authentication procedures before permitting access to HealthTech;
- Creating a secure transmission connection to HealthTech. You will see the security padlock in your browser’s frame indicating that it’s a secure site; and
- Ensuring our employees are trained to safeguard your information.
You can also help protect your identity and account information. Here are a few steps to remember:
- HealthTech will never request your Login ID or password, or any other information in either a non-secure or unsolicited email communication;
- Check your credit report regularly for unauthorized activity and protect your personal identification numbers (PINs) or personal data; and
- You can also receive text or email alerts from HealthTech which highlight large or unusual transactions. This service may help you identify fraudulent activity quickly.
You can protect yourself against phishing. Phishing is the illegal attempt to mislead consumers into providing personal or financial information, including account numbers, passwords, and Social Security numbers, via email or through fraudulent web sites.
The most frequent phishing attacks occur through emails disguised to appear as though they came from a reputable financial institution or company. Most phishing attempts urge you to update or validate your account information, typically through a link in an email directing you to a fake web site that appears to be legitimate.
A phishing attack can be detected.While there are many phishing attacks active on the Internet, there are some typical characteristics:
- An email contains an “urgent” tone requesting your immediate action on an account-related matter.
- An email is sent from a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate company with an attachment. An unsolicited email attachment more than likely contains a virus. Do not open it.
- A pop-up window appears from a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate company’s web site asking for personal information.
- Additional information can be found at www.antiphishing.org or www.consumer.gov/idtheft.
How to report a phishing attack?
If you suspect you have received a fraudulent email from HealthTech, please contact: Security@HealthTechConnect.com.
Sometimes we ask outside firms, or third parties, to help us provide services, such as designing a web site, sending emails, registering a prospective domain name, or analyzing data. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information, and prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing. We require vendors to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
We may disclose, access, or report personal information when we believe, in good faith, we’re required to do so by law, or to protect our legal rights. We may also do this in connection with an investigation into a suspected violation involving the Terms of Service, fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that may be illegal or expose us to legal liability. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or law enforcement request.
We may report and share information about your account to credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, and card associations. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report and consumer report. We may also share information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
We work with other companies or developers to provide you with products and services which we clearly identify. Either HealthTech or the other company may offer these products and services. We clearly identify these co-branded products and services. In some cases, we exchange customer usage information to establish and provide ongoing service. By requesting these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your personal and usage information to the other company.
We also may share non-identifiable, non-personal aggregate information about our users with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for marketing and promotional purposes. Our web sites may provide links to third-party sites, such as those of our business partners and online advertisers. These could include other services, promotions, or sweepstakes offered by business partners. Because HealthTech does not control the information policies or practices of these third parties, you should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use personal information.
If you are a business partner or a prospective business partner, such as a CMMS or asset management software vendor, you may visit a HealthTech web site specifically intended for you. The information you provide on these web sites are used only to develop or maintain our business relationship with you. For example, you may sign up to receive additional information about our programs, including notifications about new products, features, and events, or to have aHealthTech representative contact you. Once you’ve become a partner, the web site may include members-only program updates and reference materials. If you are no longer interested in receiving program information from HealthTech, you may ask that your HealthTech account representative remove you from future program-specific communications.
If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, you will be asked if you’d like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Account Information and delete all account credentials. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media. HealthTech keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from, or incorporating, your personal information.
- You may change your account and contact information for HealthTech any time, please contact Client Services.
- You may also reply “unsubscribe” to any marketing you receive for HealthTech.
- To change your mobile contact preferences, follow the instructions in your SMS or other mobile message.
- You may unsubscribe from our newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” link provided in the newsletter sent to you.
HealthTech and its subsidiaries may exchange information about your transactions to fulfill your requests. We may also provide you information about products or services we believe you may be interested in unless you have asked us not to contact you. We offer you the opportunity to review privacy practices at our subsidiaries’ web sites.
If we make material changes to any of our privacy policies or practices regarding personal information we will update our statement and post a notice on our site 30 days before the changes take effect.
We update this Privacy & Security Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an email to Security@HealthTechtechConnect.com. If you have questions or concerns about HealthTech’s collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Team at Security@HealthTechConnect.com.